The annual WAISS photo competition is on again in 2022. Entry extended till end of May.
Members of WAISS are most welcome to enter. If you are not currently a member, you are most welcome to join. Membership details and forms can be found at https://waiss.org/join/, prizes and rules are outlined below, and if you require further information please feel free to contact the Secretary.
WAISS Photography Competition 2020-2021 Prizes and Rules :
Entries close at midnight on 31 May 2022. (NOTE THE DATE HAS BEEN EXTENDED)
Prizes in adult categories will be $50, $30, and $20 for first, second, and third. Prizes in the junior category will be $25, $15, and $10.
2. Scientific Interest (please include an explanation as to what the subject is, and why it is of interest).
3. Junior (17 and under).
Rules for entry are:
- You must be a current member of WAISS.
- Photographs must be solely the work of the member submitting them.
- Photographs must be of Western Australian invertebrates (insects, spiders, mites…..).
- Photographs should be submitted at the largest file size and resolution possible.
- Senior entries will automatically be considered for multiple categories if appropriate, but each photo may only win one prize.
- The invertebrate must be the main subject in all categories.
- Entrants for the scientific interest category should point out the scientific significance of the subject. A series of images joined in a composite will be accepted if it enhances the scientific interest (e.g. stages of development of an insect).
- Photographs in the artistic section will be judged on photographic merit, including elements such as composition, lighting.
- Minor editing of photographs will be accepted, such as cropping and exposure adjustments. Major editing will not be accepted.
- Photographs previously entered in a WAISS photographic competition cannot be entered.
- A maximum of three (3) photographs per entrant will be accepted.
- Please include details of where each photo was taken, species if known, and label each photo/file with your name.
Please submit photos in .jpg format via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 31 May 2022.